Monday, August 24, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! Check In

 
Welcome back to another Ready. Set. WRITE! check-in! I hope you had a very productive week!
Before I share this week’s update, I’m happy to announce the winner of Katy’s care package is
Alicia Gregoire!
Congratulations!!!
Second, this week is the last week of RSW. I know! What happened to the summer?! Anyway, we are so happy you could join us for a wonderful summer of writing and accountability and fun and to celebrate we are hosting
Manicures and Manuscripts!
This week, Elodie, Katy, Jaime, Erin, and I are going to get or give ourselves manicures that are a reflection of our WiPs and we want you to join us! My plan is to paint my nails using some of these supplies

and then on August 31 (the last day of RSW L) share a picture of my hopefully successful manicure on Instagram (alisonmiller20) and also on my final RSW update. I plan to include a small-ish excerpt as well.
In addition, since it’s the final (L) week of RSW, I’m going to do an overall recap of what I’ve accomplished this summer. I hope you can join us next Monday for all the manicure goodness and recaps!
And now for an update…
How I did on my previous goal(s):  

Get to 50K on the soccer WiP. CHECK!  

My goal(s) for this week

1)      Write 5K total on one or both my stories.

2)      Read one book.

3)      Exercise at least five times this week.

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 

A small-ish excerpt between my girl Lexi and her “friend” Brasil. Please note that this is VERY ROUGH AND NEEDS ALL THE REVISING. J

“Leenda?”

            Of course he followed me in here. “What?” I mumble back.

            “Are you all right? No. That is stupid question. Of course you are not all right. You take off like something is going to kill you.” I feel him press his head against the door. “Are you upset I did not spend my birthday with you?”

“I’m upset because I didn’t know it was your birthday.”

            “I am sorry. I should have told you.”

“I should have asked! What kind of girlfriend doesn’t know when her boyfriend’s birthday is?!”

“Um . . . leenda? Can we talk more about this outside the girls’ bathroom? I am receiving all the strange looks.” 

The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc) 

We had a gazillion things going on: open houses for both kids, soccer, tennis, test-driving cars for the 16 yo, last minute back to school shopping.  I set the bar low, thank goodness.

Something I love about my WIP 

At this point—everything. Well, everything minus the messy state it’s in. I love my characters, the story, the romance, the friendships, the soccer . . . ALL OF IT. J Good place to be. 

Hope you’ve had a great week! And don’t forget to sign up on the linky!





19 comments:

  1. Lovely nail set; can't wait to see what comes out of it! So great to be loving your MS. And cute excerpt. Has me smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for 50K! And rough or not, that excerpt is great. It made me smile. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh excited to see your nails! Thanks so much for hosting, Alison. RSW has helped me get so much done the past few summers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job hitting 50K! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, next week is the last already?? I missed all of August so far. Looking forward to your recap, and great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined this last week, but I know this will help me reach a goal during these lazy days of summer! Congrats on reaching the 50,000 mark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. D'oh, I just now realized that August 31 is a Monday and next week is the final RSW update. For some reason, I thought the month was ending on Friday. *scattered brain* Ah well, I was early with something for once :)

    The "friend" in your WIP sounds like a sweetheart of a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on reaching your 50K goal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoohoo reaching 50K is huge! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 50K! You've done awesome this summer! Good luck with your goals this week, and thanks again for sending out the care package!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for reaching 50k! Big accomplishment, especially considering what a crazy week you had! The last line of your excerpt totally cracked me up. I can just imagine it. And I'm glad you're in a good place with this story. That's the best feeling.

    I'm intrigued by your manicure supplies, especially the letters, and I can't wait to see what you do with them! Good luck with your last RSW goals! Can't believe I'm saying that. Where did the summer go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so excited to see the manicures...what a cute idea! And yes, you DID have a lot going on, yet you still managed to get ish done. GO girl! Congrats and good luck on your upcoming goals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that excerpt, and that last line is perfect. Made my laugh. :) And congrats on passing 50k! That is amazing. Good luck this week. Hope RSW! ends on a high note for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still love the Leenda and the accent! It's great! Sounds like you got lots done despite the busy-ness. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 50k! Looks like you have a great plan for your manicure. :) I might just turn the reigns over to my daughter. She is always wanting to paint my nails. Good luck on this week's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, LOVE the excerpt :) Congrats on the 50K and good luck for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excerpt = Love... Not surprising at all! Also, your mani supplies! Can't wait to see the finished product. Why didn't I think of stickers? Congrats on hitting 50K, lady. I'm trying not to nag you about finishing already so I can read, but just know that I'm eager, okay? Have a great final week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى الدمام والرياض
    شركة القائد
    حيث تمتلك شركتنا عمالة فنية ومدربة جيدا على الاهتمام بتنظيف الشقق والفلل والمنازل كما تهتم بأدق التفاصيل للوصول الى الصورة المثالية التى يبحث عنها العميل فهدفنا الرئيسى هو ان نوفر لعملائنا الاعزاء الراحة النفسية كما تمتلك شركتنا
    افضل المعدات الحديثة وادوات النظافة العامة المطابقة للمواصفات لنصبح افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض كما نكون حريصين على استخدام افضل الخامات والمواد التنظيف التى تجعل منaزلك نظيفا وجميلا والتى تمت تجربتها ومطابقتها للمواصفات اكثر من مرة للوصول الى الهدف المنشود .
    شركة تنظبف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
    شركة تسليك مجارى بجازان

    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجازان


    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    تعتبر شركه القائد من افضل الشركات فى تنظيف الخزانات بجازان فنحن نقوم بتقديم الخدمات المميزه التى تتحدث بالجوده والتميز دائما وتعمل الشركه جاهده على توفير المال والجهد للعميل فتقدم له افضل الخدمات فىتنظيف الخزانات والتى نؤديها بمهاره عاليه ودقه جيده ترى نتائجها من التعامل الاول مع الشركه فاذا كنت تشتكى من تسريب الخزان او كسره فان شركتنا عندها خبره وافيه فى هذا المجال ولها القدره على تنظيفه وتصليحه والتخلص من الروائح الكريهه والتخلص من مسببات التلوث الموجوده به وجعله كانه يبدو كالجديد تماما.
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    نحن افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام نحن نمتلك الخبرة الكبيرة جدا فى الرش ولدينا احدث الاجهزة الموجودة فى الاحساء والجبيل والخبر والقطيف والدمام نحن افضل شركة رش مبيد بالدمام نحن نعمل على مدار 24 ساعة يومين ولا نمل من الرش او المكافحة .رش المبيدات يحتاج الى شركة كبيرة جدا فى الرش ولديها خبرة كبيرة جدا نحن لدينا خبرة كبيرة جدة ولدينا اجهزة حديثه جدا فى الرش
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى مجال تسليك المجارى بالرياض شركة القائد هى الشركة التى تعمل على تسليك المجارى باحدث الاجهزة الحديثة المتعدده فى مجال التسليك بالرياض نحن فى شركة القائد نعمل على تسليك المجارى بالرياض من قبل الاجهزة الالكترونية والعمال الذين يبدعون فى مجال التسليك المجارى بالرياض.
    شركة تنظيف بجدة
    شركة نقل اثاث بجازان

    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    اتصل بنا الان على افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض نحن الافضل فى الرياض

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lemme fill-you-up withe efficacious epiphany, the avant-gardeness and necessary wisdom to achieve Heaven, dear, if ya desire Heaven (many pee-ple dont, preferring to stay 'laissez-faire' [i dont care] till their deathbed). Nevertheless...

    If 'freedom lies in being bold' (Robert Frost), doesn't pushing-the-envelope also result in the Elysian Fields of Utopia? If I'm the sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we RITE the symphonies heard Upstairs ☆IF☆ we accept His lead withe orchestra...

    Wanna find-out the fax, Jak, in a wurld fulla the 'power of cowards'? Wanna wiseabove to help a 'Plethora Of Wurdz' [POW!] which are look'n for a new home in thy novelty?? Yay!

    Q: But [gulp] can anyone tell me the difference between K2/IQ? A: Nthn. In Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HA! Need a few more thots, ideers, wild wurdz (whoa, Nelly! easy, girl!) or ironclad iconoclasms?

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to [the] wise): As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go thro in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the ping-pong-politixx, the whorizontal more!ass! we're in and wiseabove to 'in fin sine fin' (Latin: in [the] End without End -Saint Augustine).

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET!! any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, low-hanging-fruit of the Celestial Paradise, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (awww! baby kitties, too!!) when my o-so-beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires...

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3, NJB

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go gitt'm, girly. You're incredible. You're indelible. Cya Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    infowars.com
    JohnLeary.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names?? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redd Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, blessed b9... (or mixNmatch)

    God blessa youse
    (trustNjesus)
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
    ☆refuse2Bindifferent☆
    Abortion: the war AGAINST women, o'er-the-Hillary

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!